RISE is a coherent, interactive interface controlling the power of Robotmaster from within a comprehensive robot simulation software environment. It provides a unique integration of user control and user intervention, with the speed and flexibility of Robotmaster’s renowned automation and optimization tools, for the ultimate in robot programming software. This new graphical interface elevates Robotmaster to a new and unprecedented standard of user experience.
The new and unique Robotmaster robot simulation software environment provides easy and intuitive control of your robots unparalleled by any other robot programming software for CAD/CAM systems. You can easily modify the robot’s positions and trajectories, manually or automatically, by a simple click-and-drag of the robot’s arm, axes, tools or your work piece. Robotmaster V6 is the perfect marriage of the users’s manufacturing knowledge, powerful CAD/CAM programming tools and our unique robot specific optimization. Robotmaster creates perfect robot trajectories quickly without costly and tedious iterations.
Transition move editing
Users now have numerous options within the new simulator environment to manage transition moves between operations. You can jog the robot joint by joint, move the robot on the work piece or tool frames and easily change the base, elbow or wrist configurations.
The Robotmaster V6 robot programming software revolutionizes the user experience with its intuitive click-and-drag interface and incorporates numerous user requested enhancements, including: point-specific editing, process settings, commands and triggers. Additionally, the new operations list provides reach and error status icons, “quick verify” options to reduce analysis times, dynamic and automatic reach limit display, user’s work coordinate system referencing and much more.
A more powerful and intuitive workspace analysis feature is fully integrated into RISE for rapid and optimal positioning of your parts. Easy visualization of the robot’s reach limits, coupled with dynamic recalculation, clearly shows the full impact of changes made on all operations. The workspace analysis and visualization environment also supports rails and rotary tables.
Custom process definition
The integration of robot programming software parameters specific to the user’s process (e.g. welding, cutting, etc.) is now simplified by new parameter screens. These user modifiable screens define the interface, terminology and control settings unique to the application. The process parameters can be created, modified and fully controlled by the user for the entire program, specific operations or at select points.
Features and enhancements at a glance
- RISE – Robotmaster Interaction and Robot Simulation Software Interface
- Click-and-drag the robot by joint or tool to intuitively jog
- Easy to use graphical helpers for moving the robot, part or a program point
- Point editing for modifying coordinates or defining process specific settings/triggers
- Integrated simulation settings for updating the work piece or the fixture
- Selectable operation list for toggling paths on and off
- Status indicator icons for:
- Path success
- Reach limitations
- Robot errors (singularity, joint limits, etc…)
- Repose editor integrated in simulation
- Define a repose using the simulation by:
- Jogging the robot by joint
- Moving the robot in the part frame or the tool frame
- Changing the base, elbow or wrist configuration
- Manage the repose list by setting the current robot posture to a specific repose or viewing an existing repose in the robot simulation software environment
- Simulate the program, stop at a specific point and be able to move the robot from the selected point to define a new repose point
- Workspace analysis integrated in simulation
- Workspace checking integrated with robot simulation for comprehensive analysis and visualization of potential reach problems
- Ability to select a problem point on the path and move the part dynamically with direct simulation of the robots posture for quick resolution of reach errors
- Rails and rotary axes are now supported in the workspace analysis
- Quickly toggle workspace visualization on/off during simulation
- Icon controlled reach status reporting in the operation list
- Process parameter screens
- New screens for controlling process parameters (ex: welding, cutting settings)
- Easily customizable parameter pages for:
- Global program parameters
- Operation specific process parameters
- Point specific process settings, commands or triggers
- Powerful control tools to fully exploit the process settings for any application
- Optimization enhancements
- New “quick check” option that calculates maps only if errors are detected
- New user-selectable density settings to reduce calculation time for large paths
- Ability to optimize up to four parameters simultaneously: tool rotation, tool tilt, rail and rotary position, including more than one type of a specific parameter (ex: two rotaries or two tilts)
- Mouse hover over advanced maps displays the joint values
- Global and local interface enhancements
- Ability to set local settings for multiple operations
- New safe retract settings with automatic reach checking
- Enhanced rotary axis control
- Rotary optimization
- Combined rotary settings to maintain a constant tool orientation when 2 rotary axes are used
- New productivity enhancements
- Work coordinate system (WCS) support has been added for referencing original part to user’s setup
- New Pack to Send utility, convenient for packaging and sending files between users or for tech support
- Publish simulations to 3D PDF files
- Performance enhancements
- Faster collision checking
- Quick optimization checking for large programs by reducing optimization density
Robotmaster seamlessly integrates robot programming, simulation and code generation while delivering quicker robot programming.
Powerful Part Modeling
Streamlined CAD engine makes design work easier than ever before. Each piece of geometry you create is “live”, letting you quickly modify it until it”s exactly what you want. Traditional functions are consolidated into a few simple clicks to simplify the creation of even the most complex parts.
Import CAD model
Alternatively the part may be created using other CAD software and the model may be imported either directly in your choice of native or neutral file formats. Data translators are available for IGES, Parasolid®, SAT (ACIS solids), AutoCAD® (DXF, DWG, and Inventor TM files), SolidWorks®, Solid Edge®, STEP, EPS, CADL, STL, VDA, and ASCII, CATIA®, Pro/E®, and more.
Engineering Changes Made Easy
Every shop faces engineering changes and two powerful new tools are available – File Tracking and Change Recognition – that give you an easy way to identify CAD model revisions and streamline programming an updated file. The real power of these tools becomes clear when receiving engineering changes to a large file with multiple operations. Something as simple as a few additional drill holes could be frustrating to identify. Now, with a few mouse clicks, you can immediately locate and program these changes, saving valuable time.
CAD/CAM Based Programming
Create simple or complex robot trajectories accurately without teaching points. The programming of the robot trajectory is done graphically using the same process and tools used for CNC machines, by selecting geometry (lines, arcs, part edges and/or 3D part). Once the geometry is selected, parameter boxes guide the user in making the proper selection of process information. The software automatically generates the robot trajectory based on the above information.
Fully associative geometry and toolpaths let you modify the geometry or machining parameters and immediately get an accurate, updated toolpath.
Robot Configuration Libraries
Use Robotmaster’s extensive configuration library to easily select your Robot and End-of-arm Tooling and convert CAD/CAM toolpaths for your specific hardware requirements and setup. Choose from FANUC, ABB, MOTOMAN, KUKA, STAUBLI and more. Enter robot operating parameters like:
- Entire robotic cell setup
- End of arm tooling
- Setup (user frame and tool center point data)
- Tool changer information
- Motion parameters
- Linear rail and/or rotary table configuration
Convert CAD/CAM Data to 6-axis Robot Output
Use the graphical interface to fine-tune the parameters by which Robotmaster will translate the 2 to 5 axis CNC toolpath data into a 6-axis robot toolpath.
- Set robot configuration for optimal robot posture
- Manage motion between operations
Convert CAD/CAM toolpaths to robot positions
Optimization of Programs
Use automated settings to quickly optimize robot motion and precise control of rotation around tool for:
- Avoiding singularity and joint limits
- Maximizing robot dexterity
- Optimizing joint speeds and ensuring smooth robot playback
Validate the programs by using Robotmaster’s robot simulator.
- View robot motion in continuous or step mode, by individual operation or complete toolgroup
- Automatic detection of collisions
- View either robot only or entire manufacturing cell
Robotmaster’s post-processor generates the robot-ready program file
- Generate programs in robot native language
- Customizable robot code output
- Multi-file output for managing long programs with limited robot memory
For more information, please Contact us now.